Most people described fitness as: the condition of being physically fit and healthy though it is not a right definition for fitness. It is a definition of physical fitness that is one type of fitness. Another type of fitness is mental fitness that is defined as: level of a psychological well-being or an absence of a mental disorder. Fitness is a combination of mental health and physical health. Hence, correct definition of fitness would be: condition of being mentally and physically fit.
A person can become fit mentally and physically if he/she make doing some healthy things, a routine. Following are the things that a person should do regularly to get fit physically and mentally:
1. Do Exercise Regularly: Doing exercise regularly can help you a lot if you want yourself to be physically fit. Exercise like ‘jogging’ or ‘running’ can help you control your mass if you are fat. If you want to strengthen your muscles; then, regular exercise can do this job for you.
2. Sleep Well: If you want your mind to be fresh; then, sleep well. You should sleep for at least 8 hours daily if you are really concerned about your mental fitness. If you don’t get enough sleep, start taking it from today.
3. Drink Enough Water: Drink enough water daily. It will not only give a relief to your mind but also help your physical body from getting tired early. In simple words, drinking an adequate amount of water is good for both mind and body.
4. Play a Musical Instrument: Playing a musical instrument is worthwhile if you want to be mentally fit. Playing a musical instrument such as ‘piano’ or ‘flute’ increases person’s memory, gives him/her a relief from stress and also increases that person’s cognitive ability.
5. Eat Nourishing Food: Avoid food that has high amount of sugar, salt or fat. Eat nutritious ‘fruits’, ‘vegetables’ or ‘whole grains’ such as banana (fruit), blueberry (fruit), papaya (fruit), onion (vegetable), carrot (vegetable), whole wheat (whole grain) and whole oatmeal (whole grain).